Thursday 5 January 2012

Wanaka to Queenstown

We are now in Queenstown (party capital of NZ) after having spent a very brief night in Wanaka which is a beatuiful lake town nestled amongst mountains. On the way to Wanaka, Tony stopped the bus at some blue pools which are a tourist attraction because of how blue they are (something about refraction). In addition to this we went to lake Matheson which is a famous symbol of NZ – famous for how it mirrors the mountains in it. We also stopped at the 'Puzzling world' which is a must-see attraction in NZ – a world of curious illusions such as a room that is slanted and makes you feel disorientated (eg. You can roll a snooker ball up an upward sloping snooker table) and so forth. Also at puzzing world, was a giant maze! (Riesenlabyrinth) which is without a doubt where my old boss in Majorca got his idea for the Maze I used to work in from because it is an exact replica! It was like a trip down memory lane and I even managed to complete it faster than Jemma thanks to my 13 weeks of maze experience. I will write more when I get time. Tomorrow is my birthday and we have a lovely day of lie ins, eating, drinking and partying planned...

1 comment:

  1. This Blog is very informative which contains lot of information about Queenstown To Wanaka.
    Queenstown To Wanaka

    ReplyDelete